- including download card
Vinyl, 2×LPOut of stock
- + MP3
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- Compilation of early tracks produced or remixed by the legendary Adrian Sherwood; a pioneering blend of post-punk, mutant disco, dub, funk and electro.
- Includes 6 tracks that have never been reissued in any format, and 2 completely unreleased tracks from the On-U vaults.
- Features The Slits, Prince Far I, The Fall and Mark Stewart.
- Extensive sleevenotes that tell the story of each track alongside photos and more.
Adrian Sherwood is a name most commonly associated with dub reggae, particularly his own leftfield version of the sound that he developed over the 80s and 90s, having been mentored by the likes of Prince Far I, Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry and Dennis Bovell, This compilation seeks to highlight another side of the story: in his capacity as a DJ and live sound engineer Sherwood also connected with the likes of The Clash, Public Image Limited and The Pop Group, and went on to work with a wide variety of artists including Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Primal Scream and Blur. The tracks on this album show how Sherwood blended a dubwise approach to versioning tracks with a desire to experiment in the studio and push musical boundaries.
- 1 Hungry, So Angry 3:56 Medium Medium Buy
- 2 Let It Take You There 6:02 Maximum Joy Buy
- 3 Some Day My Caliph Will Come 3:42 Nadjma Buy
- 4 Learning To Cope With Cowardice (flexi version) 3:53 Mark Stewart + The Maffia Buy
- 5 Middle Mass 3:31 The Fall
- 6 Strange Clues 3:14 Gardening By Moonlight Buy
- 7 Mistah Linn He Dead 4:10 Shriekback Buy
- 8 Running (Feeling Wild) [feat. Congo Ashanti Roy] 6:04 Voice Of Authority Buy
- 9 Man Next Door 3:30 The Slits Buy
- 10 Third Gear Kills 7:50 Annie Anxiety aka Little Annie Buy
- 11 Nuclear Weapon 3:52 Prince Far I Buy
- 12 Reaching The Bad Man 8:42 Singers & Players Buy
- 13 In A Trap 4:14 African Head Charge Buy
- 14 Private Armies Dub 4:39 Vivien Goldman Buy