Vinyl, 3×LPOut of stock
- + MP3
- Additional tracks on Download card
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
A curated selection of classics, rarities and unreleased tracks from the On-U Sound vaults by DJ & Audio Visual artist Trevor Jackson (aka Playgroup / Underdog), renowned for his Metal Dance compilations of industrial-dance on Strut Records, having worked with the likes of LCD Soundsystem and Four Tet via his Output Recordings Label, and a recently released acclaimed multi edition album of his own music (FORMAT) via the vinyl factory.
This is the electro-fried avant-garde side of On-U Sound. Whilst still containing the dub DNA that define Adrian Sherwood’s productions, these tracks document a period when this sonic vision was realised through saturated sheets of electronics, reverberating drum machines and extreme chopped-up tape edits.
Available on as a 2CD / 27-track set, or a 3LP edition that has 20 tracks on the vinyl plus the additional 7 tracks from the CD as part of the download card.
Fully annotated with sleevenotes that tell the story behind each track. Features 3 completely unreleased tracks (inc. a crucial early cut by Neneh Cherry) and 6 tracks that have never been reissued on CD or digital (inc. the amazing debut recording by a pre-Massive Attack Shara Nelson).
Digital Track List
- 1 Ace Of Wands The Missing Brazilians 3:39 Buy
- 2 Over Board Dub Syndicate 3:41 Buy
- 3 Off The Beaten Track African Head Charge 5:04 Buy
- 4 Chemical Specialist Creation Rebel & New Age Steppers 4:19 Buy
- 5 Asian Rebel Suns Of Arqa 5:03 Buy
- 6 Animal Space New Age Steppers 5:40 Buy
- 7 Parasitic Machine Alan Pellay 3:46 Buy
- 8 Quit The Body The Chicken Granny 3:07 Buy
- 9 Stebeni?s Theme African Head Charge 3:34 Buy
- 10 Dead Come Alive Neneh Cherry & The Circuit 5:17 Buy