- Additional tracks on Download card
Vinyl, 3×LPOut of stock
- + MP3
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
A curated selection of classics, rarities and unreleased tracks from the On-U Sound vaults by DJ & Audio Visual artist Trevor Jackson (aka Playgroup / Underdog), renowned for his Metal Dance compilations of industrial-dance on Strut Records, having worked with the likes of LCD Soundsystem and Four Tet via his Output Recordings Label, and a recently released acclaimed multi edition album of his own music (FORMAT) via the vinyl factory.
This is the electro-fried avant-garde side of On-U Sound. Whilst still containing the dub DNA that define Adrian Sherwood’s productions, these tracks document a period when this sonic vision was realised through saturated sheets of electronics, reverberating drum machines and extreme chopped-up tape edits.
Available on as a 2CD / 27-track set, or a 3LP edition that has 20 tracks on the vinyl plus the additional 7 tracks from the CD as part of the download card.
Fully annotated with sleevenotes that tell the story behind each track. Features 3 completely unreleased tracks (inc. a crucial early cut by Neneh Cherry) and 6 tracks that have never been reissued on CD or digital (inc. the amazing debut recording by a pre-Massive Attack Shara Nelson).
- 1 Ace Of Wands 3:39 The Missing Brazilians Buy
- 2 Over Board 3:41 Dub Syndicate Buy
- 3 Off The Beaten Track 5:04 African Head Charge Buy
- 4 Chemical Specialist 4:19 Creation Rebel & New Age Steppers Buy
- 5 Asian Rebel 5:03 Suns Of Arqa Buy
- 6 Animal Space 5:40 New Age Steppers Buy
- 7 Parasitic Machine 3:46 Alan Pellay Buy
- 8 Quit The Body 3:07 The Chicken Granny Buy
- 9 Stebeni?s Theme 3:34 African Head Charge Buy
- 10 Dead Come Alive 5:17 Neneh Cherry & The Circuit Buy