- 4 panel fold-out 12" x 12" insert
- includes DL card
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
- + MP3
Stock on order, expected soon.
A missing part of the early On-U Sound Records story restored to life and a great example of early-80s UK DIY post-punk music. At times exhibiting psych-tinged tunefulness on tracks such as “Not Moving” and “Change Direction” (or their unreleased cover of Syd Barrett’s “Vegetable Man”). Other tracks are heavier, such as the trance-inducing repetitive rhythms of “Mothman” which recalls 70s German groups such as Can or Amon Düül II. Although one of the few On-U Sound releases not to be produced by Adrian Sherwood, the angular pop melodies and noisy riffs are still filtered through a dubwise production aesthetic.
The Mothmen comprised of former members of original Factory Records band The Durutti Column, and the band’s Chris Joyce and Tony Bowers improbably went onto play in Simply Red (during their 80s chart-dominating pomp). This reissue is remastered from the original tapes and physical formats are fully annotated with sleevenotes by the band, plus photos and memorabilia. All formats include 6 bonus tracks, 3 of which are previously unheard.
Digital Track List
- 1 Afghan Farmer Driving Cattle The Mothmen 3:41 Buy
- 2 Animal Animaux The Mothmen 2:36 Buy
- 3 Not Moving The Mothmen 1:30 Buy
- 4 Factory / Teapoint / Factory The Mothmen 3:30 Buy
- 5 Please Let Go The Mothmen 4:48 Buy
- 6 Tardis (Sweep Is Dead, Long Live Sweep) The Mothmen 3:05 Buy
- 7 Mothman The Mothmen 20:08 Buy
- 8 Change Direction The Mothmen 2:10 Buy
- 9 Vegetable Man The Mothmen 2:25 Buy
- 10 Does It Matter Irene? (radio session version) The Mothmen 4:08 Buy
- 11 Return Of The Mozabites The Mothmen 3:34 Buy
- 12 Paintings Of A Cave The Mothmen 1:20 Buy
- 13 Afghani Dub The Mothmen 2:26 Buy