- including download card
Vinyl, 2×LPEn rupture de stock
- + MP3
- + MP3
En stock, expédition maintenant.
- Compilation of early tracks produced or remixed by the legendary Adrian Sherwood; a pioneering blend of post-punk, mutant disco, dub, funk and electro.
- Includes 6 tracks that have never been reissued in any format, and 2 completely unreleased tracks from the On-U vaults.
- Features The Slits, Prince Far I, The Fall and Mark Stewart.
- Extensive sleevenotes that tell the story of each track alongside photos and more.
Adrian Sherwood is a name most commonly associated with dub reggae, particularly his own leftfield version of the sound that he developed over the 80s and 90s, having been mentored by the likes of Prince Far I, Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry and Dennis Bovell, This compilation seeks to highlight another side of the story: in his capacity as a DJ and live sound engineer Sherwood also connected with the likes of The Clash, Public Image Limited and The Pop Group, and went on to work with a wide variety of artists including Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Primal Scream and Blur. The tracks on this album show how Sherwood blended a dubwise approach to versioning tracks with a desire to experiment in the studio and push musical boundaries.
- 1 Hungry, So Angry 3:56 Medium Medium Acheter
- 2 Let It Take You There 6:02 Maximum Joy Acheter
- 3 Some Day My Caliph Will Come 3:42 Nadjma Acheter
- 4 Learning To Cope With Cowardice (flexi version) 3:53 Mark Stewart + The Maffia Acheter
- 5 Middle Mass 3:31 The Fall
- 6 Strange Clues 3:14 Gardening By Moonlight Acheter
- 7 Mistah Linn He Dead 4:10 Shriekback Acheter
- 8 Running (Feeling Wild) [feat. Congo Ashanti Roy] 6:04 Voice Of Authority Acheter
- 9 Man Next Door 3:30 The Slits Acheter
- 10 Third Gear Kills 7:50 Annie Anxiety aka Little Annie Acheter
- 11 Nuclear Weapon 3:52 Prince Far I Acheter
- 12 Reaching The Bad Man 8:42 Singers & Players Acheter
- 13 In A Trap 4:14 African Head Charge Acheter
- 14 Private Armies Dub 4:39 Vivien Goldman Acheter