- Housed in reverse board sleeve with printed inner
- Sleevenotes by Steve Barker (On The Wire)
- Re-cut at Dubplates & Mastering in Berlin
- Includes download card with bonus track
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
The debut Dub Syndicate set from 1982, pre-dating the involvement of mainstay Style Scott. This features various members of Creation Rebel and African Head Charge turning out a wild dub set, with hard-hitting rhythms and FX-mutated melodies phasing in and out of the mix.
Recorded quickly with track titles cheekily poking fun at the contemporary series by The Scientist which pitted him against various b-movie foes. The tunes themselves however are deadly serious, with version excursions on some classic On-U vocal cuts such as “Bedward The Flying Preacher” and “Across The Red Sea”, and a continuing commitment by producer Adrian Sherwood to take his love of reggae and filter it through his exploratory and uniquely English approach.
Vinyl reissue re-cut at Dubplates & Mastering in Berlin. Includes printed inner with sleevenotes by Steve Barker (On The Wire) and download card with bonus track.
- 1 Pounding System Dub Syndicate 5:19 Buy
- 2 Hi-Fi Gets a Pounding pts. 1 & 2 Dub Syndicate 5:29 Buy
- 3 "African Head Charge" - Don't Care About Space Invader Machines Pts. 1 & 2 Dub Syndicate 6:41 Buy
- 4 Fringe On Top Dub Dub Syndicate 4:24 Buy
- 5 Humourless Journalists Work to Rules Dub Syndicate 3:54 Buy
- 6 10K at 0VU - 60HZ - Mind Boggles! Dub Syndicate 4:05 Buy
- 7 Crucial Tony Tries to Rescue the Space Invaders (With Only 10p) Dub Syndicate 3:22 Buy
- 8 Hi-Fi Gets A Pounding pt. 3 Dub Syndicate 4:09 Buy
- 9 Return to Stage One Dub Syndicate 3:04 Buy
- 10 Gather at the River Dub Syndicate 4:07 Buy