Vinyl, 1×LP$20.99Read More
- + MP3
- Housed in reverse board sleeve with printed inner
- Sleevenotes by Steve Barker (On The Wire)
- Re-cut at Dubplates & Mastering in Berlin
- Includes download card with bonus track
Available: November 11, 2017
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
The debut Dub Syndicate set from 1982, pre-dating the involvement of mainstay Style Scott. This features various members of Creation Rebel and African Head Charge turning out a wild dub set, with hard-hitting rhythms and FX-mutated melodies phasing in and out of the mix.
Recorded quickly with track titles cheekily poking fun at the contemporary series by The Scientist which pitted him against various b-movie foes. The tunes themselves however are deadly serious, with version excursions on some classic On-U vocal cuts such as “Bedward The Flying Preacher” and “Across The Red Sea”, and a continuing commitment by producer Adrian Sherwood to take his love of reggae and filter it through his exploratory and uniquely English approach.
Vinyl reissue re-cut at Dubplates & Mastering in Berlin. Includes printed inner with sleevenotes by Steve Barker (On The Wire) and download card with bonus track.
Digital Track List
- 1 Pounding System 5:19 Buy
- 2 Hi-Fi Gets a Pounding pts. 1 & 2 5:29 Buy
- 3 "African Head Charge" - Don't Care About Space Invader Machines Pts. 1 & 2 6:41 Buy
- 4 Fringe On Top Dub 4:24 Buy
- 5 Humourless Journalists Work to Rules 3:54 Buy
- 6 10K at 0VU - 60HZ - Mind Boggles! 4:05 Buy
- 7 Crucial Tony Tries to Rescue the Space Invaders (With Only 10p) 3:22 Buy
- 8 Hi-Fi Gets A Pounding pt. 3 4:09 Buy
- 9 Return to Stage One 3:04 Buy
- 10 Gather at the River 4:07 Buy